TESTIMONIAL - BOLT PRO - VOLKSWAGEN AUTOEUROPA
Volkswagen Autoeuropa is an automotive assembly plant manufacturing Volkswagen Eos, Scirocco, and Sharan. The company has a yearly output of over 110.000 machines, and they use 3D printing to revolutionize and enhance their production and workflow.
Why did we choose Leapfrog’s Bolt 3D Printer?
“The Bolt was analyzed as the best machine for printing flexible materials due to the direct drive system”.
“Relatively large build volume, especially considering size vs. cost”.
“2 Independent Dual Extruder system IDEX since we assemble cars for both left and right driving sides, so this helps a lot for building mirror parts”.
“Reliable – although we had our startup issues with this unit, support was good and we managed to correct issues. We believe the Leapfrog Bolt Pro is a very reliable machine for the way we use this equipment”
What is Volkswagen Autoeuropa using the Leapfrog 3D Printers for?
- Serial tool production in their production line. They have inserted 3D printing into their assembly process throughout the whole production line.
Examples of 3D printed tools used on the assembly line:
- 3D printed spacers for mounting the windscreen
- 3D printed gadgets for measuring and mounting the car's emblem or other so that it is correctly centered
- Protection aids – while mounting the rims on the new cars they use a multi-material 3D printed gadget with springs to protect and avoid scratches on the rims;
- Different covers/adjustments for their other tools – e.g. cover for their electrical screwdrivers so that they don’t damage other parts while assembly takes place;
- There is an internal code color for 3D printed tools (green printed parts are for the left side and red for the right side)
Experience the high 3d printing quality of the Bolt Pro. Request a print sample for FREE now!
Do you want to know how 3D printing can HELP you and your business? Talk to our experts about a FREE, PERSONALIZED solution suitable for your situation!