Benefits of 3D Printing for Architects
- Easily transform sketches and model drawings (digital) to tangible models.
- Perfect tool for shape studies.
- Tangible models can be a valuable way of communicating ideas to colleagues as well as towards the client. Your client may not always be capable to read or understand 3D drawings created on a computer.
- You will spend less time in the modeling space. Just turn on the 3D Printer and you can continue with other important work while your printer does all the work.
- Since you save time on building the model by hand, you can spend more time on developing different concepts of the model.
- 3D printing can not only be used for sketch models, also presentation models can be printed to quickly pitch designs
- Design freedom: double-curved surfaces and specific details often require considerable time and are difficult to create. With a 3D Printer it is a matter of having a good digital model and a slicing software that creates a .STL file.